Notice the people who are happy for your happiness, and sad for your sadness. They’re the ones who deserve special places in your heart.
I began to realize how important it was to be an enthusiast in life. He taught me that if you are interested in something, no matter what it is, go at it at full speed ahead. Embrace it with both arms, hug it, love it and above all become passionate about it. Lukewarm is no good. Hot is no good either. White hot and passionate is the only thing to be.
It wasn’t having the body of my dreams that made me love myself. No. It was jumping off a cliff into freshwater, swimming naked, drinking wine with a friend at 2 in the morning, sleeping under the stars, confessing my feelings to someone, laughing in the rain, riding in the back of a landrover, crossing streams and climbing rocks, singing around a campfire, getting up before the sun and watching it set behind mountains. I unapologetically immersed myself into things that awakened my soul. And in those moments I was so busy being me, so busy being happy, that I didn’t even realize someone was falling for me. So don’t worry too much. Do your thing. Live for yourself, because you are enough. ♡
Live a life you love and you will love yourself.
- I’m reading my diary entries from last year. This was much needed right now. (via vegandrine
- The boy who takes your virginity is only going to love you long enough for you to stay in his bed.
- Your first job is never the best job. But you’ll meet some of your best friends there.
- Sometimes things don’t go the way you expect them to at all.
- People are usually never who they say they are.
- If you love someone, you need to tell them. Nobody is good at the guessing game.
- If your best friends don’t like the boy you’re involving yourself with, chances are he’s bad news.
- If a boy starts an invitation with, “Are you home alone”/”I’ll be home alone”, say no. You are a human being, not a toy to be played with.
- If some boy invites you to “the backseat of his truck”, he’s a piece of shit. Tell him to fuck himself.
- “Sorry” doesn’t always fix what you messed up.
- Stop wasting time wishing you could take back what you already did.
- You are at fault sometimes.
- There’s going to be a boy that you let get away. Yes, you loved him. It’s for the best, though.
- Toxic people hardly ever start off toxic.
- It’s always nice to make new friends, but never forget who your real friends are.
- Never lose the friends that would answer their phone at 3am if you called
- Never lose sight of who you are because of a boy.
I read this as a kid and it had a really significant effect on me and and it’s a big influence on my world view and I still think it’s the most beautiful and profound thing anyone’s ever said about beauty
Roald Dahl and Quentin Blake contributed so much to my childhood